Semi-autonomous Exploration Robot in Disaster Area [ October 2018 ~ Present ]
Semantic Survey Map Building Framework
In this research, we propose a semi-autonomous mobile robot system that builds a wide area survey map including semantic information to carry out damage monitoring in disaster area such as Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant station. To this end, following technologies are developed and SMLO loop-based seamless integration is realized as shown in Fig. 1.
• A sensor system that measure heat source, radiation source, water source, other substance information as well as color and shape information in the environment.
• SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) scheme that generates precise a wide area semantic survey map for learning-based motion generation of the mobile robot.
• A route generation system that perform reinforcement learning based on the built map from the SLAM scheme. An operator is able to control the robot semi-automatically based on the generated route.
The generated semantic survey map can be used for prevention of secondary disasters and recovery plans given that it contains useful information for the disaster environment.
Fig. 1 Conceptual image of semantic survey map building process based on SMLO loop.
• 菅原 岬, 藤井 浩光, 河野 仁, 池 勇勳, "遠隔操作ロボットによる水源サーベイマップ構築のための近赤外線情報の3次元可視化," 第20回計測自動制御学会システムインテグレーション部門講演会講演論文集 (SI2019), 高松, December 2019.
• Hiromitsu Fujii, Misaki Sugawara, Hitoshi Kono, and Yonghoon Ji, "3D Visualization of Near-Infrared Information for Detecting Water Source," Proceedings of the Fukushima Research Conference 2019 on Remote Technologies for Nuclear Facilities (FRC2019), Fukushima, Japan, p. 5, October 2019.
• Hitoshi Kono, Tomohisa Mori, Yonghoon Ji, Hiromitsu Fujii, Tsuyoshi Suzuki, "Development of Perilous Environment Estimation System by Rescue Robot Using On-board LiDAR for Teleoperator," Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integrations (SII2019), pp.7-10, Paris, France, January 2019. [Link]
• Yonghoon Ji, Hiromitsu Fujii, and Hitoshi Kono, "Semantic Survey Map Building Framework Using Semi-autonomous Mobile Robot in Disaster Area," Proceedings of the Fukushima Research Conference 2018 on Remote Technologies for Nuclear Facilities (FRC2018), Fukushima, Japan, p. 20, October 2018.